Friday 16 October 2009

Our macmillan blanket

The story of our blanket. Here's the 31 squares finished on the day of the coffee morning all laid out and awaiting the ends darning in.
Nadia and I collected the rest of the squares together, picked the best sized (!) and coloured squares and laid them out to make the blanket. Once we'd fortified ourselves with coffee and biscuits we started on the job of crocheting it all together.
Here it is in progress. We started at opposite ends and worked our way across it from end to end and then side to side. In the end, it took us most of the day. Mind you, we'd also drunk plenty of coffee and set the world to rights at the same time. I had to leave before we'd done so Nadia finished off the last couple of rows and all the edging. If I say it myself, I think we did a rather nice job of it. The black sets the colour of the squares off really nicely it's a bit like a stained glass window. All done and dusted and delivered to The Knitter's stand at Alexandra Palace last Sunday. Thanks for everyone who made the squares and a big thanks to Nadia for helping me put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment